Who we are
Our website address is: https://thessrooms.gr.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help us customize your experience
What are ‘cookies’?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a ‘memory’ for the website, so that it can recognize you when you come back and respond appropriately.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you any queries regarding our policy statement or your privacy rights, please contact us.
If you have a complaint relating to our compliance with privacy laws or use of your personal information, please contact us at thesshostel(@)gmail.com
How we protect your data
When we obtain personal information about you, you will be notified of this collection and our purposes for doing so. As such, you will know of any time we collect your personal information.
We take reasonable precautions to secure personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You should be wary that there are inherent risks in transmitting information over the internet. We do not have control over information on the internet and cannot guarantee its security.
You may deal with us on an anonymous basis by either not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym however this may limit the extent to which we can provide our products or services to you.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Please be advised that in case you allow us to collect and process certain personal data from you, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access. You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are processed, and, where that is the case, you have the right to request and get access to that personal data.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data and you have the right to provide additional personal data to complete any incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”). In certain cases, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing, applicable for a certain period and/or for certain situations.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to receive from us in a structured format your personal data and you have the right to (let) transmit such personal data to another controller.
- Right to Object. In certain cases, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, including with regards to profiling. You have the right to object at further processing of your personal data in so far as such data have been collected for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to be Not Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making. You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- Right to Filing Complaints. You have the right to file complaints with the applicable data protection authority on our processing of your personal data.
- Right to Compensation of Damages. In case we breach applicable legislation on processing of your personal data, you have the right to claim damages from us for any damages such breach may cause with you.